In order to develop the STI system, to promote the development of information infrastructure of the country and improve the efficiency of information support of scientific, technical and innovative activities the lists of works (research and development) for the development of the SSSTI of the Republic of Belarus are formed on the basis of proposals from governments and organizations after the examination by the Interagency Council:
The List of works for the development of the SSSTI for 2011-2013 and up to 2015 (approved by the order of the SCST no. 119 of April 26, 2011 as amended)
The List of works for the development of SSSTI for 2011-2013 and up to 2015 has been formed in the following areas and is annually updated with new projects:
1. Creation of a high-speed information and communication infrastructure of the SSSTI;
2. Creation of the automated systems of STI;
3.Formation of the SSSTI information resources and their integration into the world scientific information space;
4. Creation of scientific and innovative network infrastructure;
5. Improvement of normative legal and methodological support of the SSSTI.
In order to implement the NAS function for the ensuring of the development of the SSSTI (the Presidential Decree no. 7 of March 5, 2002 “On Improvement of Public Administration in the Field of Science”) has developed a list of works for the development of the SSSTI for 2006-2008 and up to 2010 (the State customer –is the NAS of Belarus, the leading organization-executor is the SSI “Joint Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus”).
The list of works was formed for three years (2006-2008). In 2008, it was clarified with the composition of works for 2009-2010 taking into account the global trends of STI systems and global research networks. The tasks of the List of works were carried out in the following areas:
- creation of a high-speed information and communication infrastructure of the State system of scientific-technical information;
- creation of the automated systems of scientific-technical information;
- formation of the information resources of the State system of scientific-technical information and their integration into the world scientific information space.